Sunday, February 1, 2009

The artwork of Melody Postma

Jeff Schaller introduced me to the beautiful work of Melody Postma. She is the newest addition of artists at Hubert Gallery in New York City. Melody's work has an arresting narrative that combines layers of paint collaged with paper ephemera, vintage photographs and the written word to capture the emotion of a moment in time.

Melody uses image transfers from vintage photographs that leaves me with a warm feeling of nostalgia. Her use of comic book type and collaged images bring me back to my childhood. Melody's artwork needs to be seen in person to fully appreciate the complex layers of paint interacting with collage and resin.

You can see more of Melody's work here, here, and here.


"Stacked in Favor of my Expectations" 30" x 30"


"Could It Really Be That Simple" 30" x 30"


"It's Under Control" 48" x 48"


"...Gonna Lose That Girl" 32" x 48"


"Now I Get It" 24" x 24"


"Long Afternoons" 48" x 32"


"Kings Of The Wild Frontier" 48" x 48"


"Just Being One Of The Boys" 30" x 30"

No comments:

Post a Comment