Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The artwork of Nick Morris.

Today I received an e mail from Australian artist Nick Morris in reference to my artwork. He directed me to his website of his personal work and I am instantly a fan. Morris' work is a collage of icons of Americas' past. He uses screenprint, collaged paper ephemera, painting, and resin to create solid compositions that take me back in time.

In Morris' CV he states that his work is a culmination of lots of beer, muscle cars, Playboy magazines, soap opera-type romance, football and a few tough guys. TV was also a big influence with the likes of the Bionic Man, Planet of the Apes and the Brady Bunch being indelibly etched in my mind. It was not just the images themselves but the feelings associated with those images.

I think that he has nailed it perfectly and I hope to see his work in person someday!

You can see more of his work here and here.


"You eat it girl"


"Special $2.50"


"Pulled myself together"


"Pardon my gun"


"Ice pack"


"Have a winfield"


"Have a winfield 2"


"Cheryl"


"Boss"

No comments:

Post a Comment